How 5 Minutes on Your Compact Treadmill Can Make Your Morning
Posted on 2016-02-05
Treadmill workouts offer a fun and innovative way to exercise and condition your body. Whether you have never worked out, are just getting back into an exercise program or are looking to take your workout to another level, the treadmill serves as a great tool because the different settings adapt to your specific needs. You can manipulate the intensity of your workout by adjusting the incline and speed of the treadmill. Employing a variety of exercise programs, including cardio and strength training, will ensure that using the treadmill will never become boring or mundane. Adding music to your routine may help motivate you and make your workout more enjoyable.
Specific Benefits of Morning Workouts
Exercising on your treadmill first thing in the morning boasts many benefits. These include:
- Ensure that you actually workout that day - Most of us have good intentions to exercise, but squeezing a workout into a busy life and home often proves difficult to accomplish. Our days get busy, unexpected events come up, emergencies occur and instead of working out, we find ourselves scrambling just to finish our daily list of things to do. If we want to make sure life’s distractions do not rob of us of our workout time, we must exercise as soon as we rise. Studies confirm that the majority of people who exercise consistently do it in the morning. The treadmill makes morning exercise even easier as it can be done in the comfort of your own home, regardless of time constraints and weather conditions.
- Boost your metabolism - Burn calories during your workout and even for a period of time after you stop. A morning routine can kick start your metabolism for the day, giving you energy and stimulating your body.
- Stimulate your brain - Not only does exercising in the morning benefit your body, but it also gives you brain-boosting benefits as well. Exercise brings oxygen to your brain which increases your mental sharpness, clarity and alertness. The benefits of a morning workout can last for several hours, making you more productive throughout your day.
- Improve emotional well-being - Exercise also causes your body to release endorphins, which trigger positive feelings, reduce stress, give you a more optimistic view of life and improve sleep.
Using the Treadmill Properly
Now that you know the benefits of starting your day on your treadmill, let’s look at some tips for proper treadmill use.
- Use correct posture, keeping your back straight and your neck, shoulders and arms relaxed.
- Concentrate on tightening your core muscles. 3 Check that your feet are landing lightly, and there is no thumping sound as you run.
- Adjust your workout based on your physical abilities since each treadmill is different. Vary your speed and adjust the level of incline throughout your workout for maximum efficiency according to your individual needs.
Whether you are aiming to get in shape, lose weight, or train for an event, select a treadmill exercise routine that best fits your objectives.