When it comes to meeting your weight loss goals and shedding stubborn belly fat, what you eat for breakfast can make or break your day. To help you make healthy choices first thing in the morning, you need to know what foods are the most nutritious and will give you the longest-lasting energy.
Most Nutritious Breakfast Foods
In our busy lives, it can be tempting to grab something fast to eat on our way out the door. But many of the quick breakfast options are high in sugar and carbohydrates, leaving you hungry in a couple of hours.
Instead of dealing with hunger pangs hours before you can break for lunch, these nutritious breakfast foods are sure to satiate you:
- Oatmeal – This breakfast staple is high in filling fiber which will keep you full longer than other foods.
- Eggs – Enjoying a high-protein breakfast food such as eggs can also increase your good cholesterol (HDL), while also delivering nutrients which help support your eyes, liver, and brain. They also help you feel fuller longer.
- Fruit – Another source of dietary fiber, fruit in the morning is best paired with other foods as it is fairly high in natural sugars. Most fruits also deliver a surprising amount of micro and macronutrients.
- Chia seeds – Adding chia seeds to your breakfast foods allows you to increase your fiber intake and can help reduce blood pressure as well as insulin resistance.
- Greek yogurt – Unlike regular yogurt, Greek yogurt has far less sugar and far more protein. This type of yogurt adds probiotics to your diet and increases the feeling of fullness.
- Nuts – Eating nuts for breakfast is higher in calories than other breakfast options, but they are filling, are high in satiating fat, potassium, and help reduce insulin resistance.
Nutrient-Rich Breakfast Ideas
To help you start combining these nutritious breakfast items, below are some great breakfast food ideas you can easily implement.
|Sausage & Egg Breakfast Casserole||High in protein, can raise good cholesterol|
|Nourish Blueberry Overnight Oats||Filling fiber from multiple sources, low calorie|
|Nut Butter Banana Chia Seed Toast||Fiber-rich, with high-fat nut butter to give greater satiation|
|Greek Yogurt Parfaits with Homemade Granola||High in fat and protein, satiating with antioxidants|
By starting your day off right with filling and nutritious foods, you will be ready for your treadmill workouts and have enough energy to reach your fitness goals.